This plugin allows you to copy values from one field to another within the same form. Values can be copied either automatically as they are typed or when a specific Checkbox in the form is checked.
For example, with automatic copying the user can enter their first and last name into a field, and those values will be immediately copied into the Name input on a Credit Card field as they type.
Copying with a Checkbox is particularly useful for situations like specifying a billing and shipping address. There is a good chance the user would desire to enter the same address for both fields. You can configure a Checkbox to copy the user-entered values from the billing address field to the shipping address field.
Copy Cat supports copying to and from almost all Gravity Forms fields, so the possibilities are endless!
- Copy values from one field to another.
Save your users time by copying input values to other fields in the form.
- Automatic or manual copying.
Trigger the copy when the user checks a box or automatically.
- Copy multiple fields.
Copy values from a single source to multiple fields and from multiple sources to multiple fields!
- Target specific inputs of multi-input fields.
Copy only the First Name in a Name field, the Quantity of a Product field, and other specific inputs from multi-input fields.
- Copy based on “if” conditions.
Copy values only if another field value is present or selected.
- Supports most Gravity Forms fields.
Values can be copied to and from almost any field.
- Automatic updates.
Get updates and the latest features right in your dashboard.
- Awesome support.
We’re here to help! And we mean it.
- Fixed an issue where copying List fields in a multi-page form could result in List field values reverting.
- Fixed regression where Copy Cat did not work as expected with Gravity Forms Chain Selects.
- Fixed an issue where Time fields would not copy correctly.
- Fixed a PHP 8.1 warning.
- Fixed issue with the Name field where if the Prefix input is present, only the Prefix would be copied.
- Fixed an issue where Copy Cat could change user-entered values back to the copied value when navigating pages.
- Fixed issue where Copy Cat would copy to conditionally hidden fields.
- Improved performance of List field copying.
- Fixed an issue with Address fields not copying correctly.
- Fixed an issue where Select fields would not have their default values copied in some cases.
- Fixed an issue with Multi Select field not copying values correctly to the List field.
- Fixed an issue with Copy Cat not working for List fields.
requirecall to use
- Updated references to
String.prototype.gformFormat()as the former will be removed in Gravity Forms 2.8.
- Fixed issue where numbers using decimal comma format could get converted incorrectly. For example,
1.000(one thousand) could become just
1in some situations.
- Fixed an issue where decimal comma numbers would be copied into the quantity field which does not support decimal comma formatted numbers.
- Added ability to add “if” condition for conditional copying based on other field values. Example usage:
copy-1-to-2-if-3to check if field ID
3has a value.
copy-1-to-2-if-3.0will copy if field ID
3‘s first choice is selected.
- Added compatibility for GP Limit Date’s Inline Date Picker.
sourceValuesas a fourth parameter for all instances of the
- Added support for using Advanced Phone Fields as source and target fields.
- Added support for Select All/Unselect All buttons for checkbox fields.
- Added German translations. Credit: Florian Rinnhofer of sportunion.at
- Fixed issue with List fields not properly removing rows in target List fields if using newer form markup versions.
- Fixed an issue that could occur with infinite recursion in some form setups with conditional logic.
- Fixed performance issue when clearing values was triggered via conditional logic.
- Fixed an issue where clearing values for checkbox triggers when a target input was revealed via conditional logic could created an infinite loop.
- Fixed issue where GPCC’s conditioanl logic handling would overwrite edited values when the form was reloaded.
- Fixed issue where multiple values copied into a single input would not be cleared if unchecking a checkbox.
- Fixed issue where using the
gpcc_copied_valuefilter would prevent filtered values from being cleared if the checkbox controlling the copying is unchecked.
- Added “Update URI” to plugin header to improve security.
gwCopyObjto open up more possibilities with snippets such as automatic copying depending on checkbox value.
- Improved conditional logic handling for accuracy and efficiency. (#40)
- Improved performance by only triggering change events when value has actually changed.
- Fixed issue where copying from one List field to another did not work in Gravity Forms 2.5.
- Fixed issue where only the first Copy Cat class was respected when clearing values after a checkbox click.
- Fixed a potential issue where conditionally hidden target fields may not be copied to if manual copy is used to also show the target fields.
- Fixed an issue where multiple conditionally hidden inline date pickers would not trigger copy on page load.
- Fixed a regression where GPCC would not copy values to hidden fields.
- Fixed a potential issue where copied prices to radio fields may not update the form’s total amount.
- Fixed an issue where GPCC would not copy values to quantity fields correctly.
- Fixed an issue where the gpcc_copied_value filter did not fire when copying checkbox or radio fields.
- Fixed an issue where conditional logic may clear copied fields after hiding them multiple times.
- Improved consistency of how Total field values are handled by always removing the currency symbol and thousand separators.
- Fixed an issue where GPCC would apply custom CSS even when no value was copied.
- Fixed potential recursion issue when pricing and conditional logic are used together.
- Improved performance on larger forms.
- Fixed a potential issue where manual copying may be triggered by conditional logic.
- Fixed a potential error when GPCC is used in a form with a coupon code.
- Fixed a potential issue where conditionally shown fields may not trigger a copy action.
- Fixed an issue where GPCC could lag on large AJAX enabled forms.
- Added a new parameter to
gpcc_custom_cleardistinguishing the current field being operated on.
- Fixed an issue where conditional logic may not trigger on target radio fields.
gpcc_custom_clearfilters to handle corner cases.
- Added GF Chained Selects Support.
- Fixed issue where using a Password field with confirmation as a source field would result in the password and confirm password inputs being concatenated rather than just copying the password.
- Fixed a regression where GPCC may throw a JS error if the class is added to the target field.
- Fixed issue where value filtered with deprecated filter was ignored.
- Fixed a regression with subfields copying introduced in 1.4.26.
- Fixed an issue where the new
gpcc-populatedclasses may apply on page load.
gpcc-populatedto mark populated inputs and their parent field container respectively.
- Fixed an issue where values weren’t copied if the target field is a rich text editor.
- Fixed an issue where clearing copied values would fail for checkboxes.
- Fixed issue where Drop Down value was set to null when attempting to populate value that did not exist.
- Updated plugin author.
- Added support for copying simple value to their equivalent value in a choice-based Pricing field.
- Added “gpcc_field_group” filter to allow including non-GF inputs in the Copy Cat field group.
- Added support for targeting Credit Card field expiration date.
- Fixed issue where when resuming from Gravity Forms’ Save & Continue – and – deleting an entry from a source List field, it would remove all except one row from the target List field.
- Fixed issue where no rows were added when Maximum Rows was not set.
- Fixed issue when copying from List field to read-only List field (via GP Read Only).
- Fixed issue with row count when copying from List field to List field.
- Added support for respecting List field “Maximum Rows” setting.
- Updated bootstrap for WordPress styling changes.
- Added support for copying from specific List field column to another List field column.
- Added support for clearing a target List field when a row from the source List is removed.
- Added ‘gpcc_copied_value’ filter to allow modifying the copied value before it is inserted into the target field.
- Added support for not overwriting target values by default when the form is rendered; resolves issue where target values were overridden when loading data via Save & Continue.
- Added ‘gpcc_overwrite_existing_values_on_init’ filter; allows forcing source values to overwite target values when form is rendered.
- Updated gwCopyObj JS object to be more extensible.
- Fixed issue in gwCopyCat class where assignment issue result in errors.
- Updated copyValues() to trigger conditional logic for unchecked inputs in addition to checked inputs.
- Updated forceEmptyCopy option to default to the value of isOverride; this will automatically overwriting existing values with empty valeus.
- Fixed issue where coping to hidden fields was broken in v1.4
- Fixed issue where target List field rows could be completely removed when targeted from another List field.
- Fixed issue where read only checkboxes were unchecked incorrectly have being checked.
- Fixed issue where copying checkbox field to checkbox field did not correctly clear unselected checkbox fields from the target field.
- Fixed issue where targeting a field from itself (via copy cat class) would cause infinte loop.
- Fixed issue introduced in 1.4.5 that would incorrectly sort values when copying from multi-input fields.
- Added support for copying to/from a specific List field column or input.
- Fixed issue where copying to a clickable field would not correctly “check” the field.
- Updated to only select inputs from inside the .ginput_container class.
- Added ‘gpcc_copy_cat_fields’ filter to allow adding copy cat fields programmatically. See: https://gist.github.com/spivurno/51df05b385c0b93f3eef7c582a2d9d13
- Updated List field support to copy by row/column index; better supports mapping non-identical List fields to each other.
- Fixed issue were gravityforms.js dependency was not enforced.
- Added support for copying to and from List fields. A special thanks to Edi Weigh for sponsoring this feature.
- Fixed issue where conditional logic based on checkable fields (i.e radio, checkbox) was not applied when copying to a checkable field
- Added support for clearing deselected checkbox values when copying into a Single Line Text field
- Fixed issue when clearing checked checkboxes
- Fixed issue where Radio Buttons could be copied from but not to
- Fixed issue where Enhanced-UI-enabled drop downs did not copy correctly
- Updated so copied values overwrite existing values by default.
- Updated ‘gp-copy-cat’ script to depend on ‘jquery’
- Updated perk to use GP_Bootstrap
- Added support for copying values from one form to another (on the same page)
- Updated init copy to no longer force overwriting values (caused changes to be overwritten on validation error)
- Added initial support for field-type-sensitive copying (i.e. copying from calculation field to quantity field: 1,024 is converted to 1024)
- Fixed issue where unchecked checkboxes were copying their associated copy cat fields on form render
- Added support for processing checkbox-based copy cats on init; allows checking box on page 1 to copy value to field on page 2
- Major overhaul to codebase to better confirm to Gravity Forms standards
- Updated JS to be loaded in separate file
- Add helper functions has_copy_cat_field() and get_copy_cat_fields() to consolidate these checks and processes
- Added support for auto-copying from a drop down
- Added support for auto-copying when a value is pre-populated
- Fixed issue where values were not clearing from field when checkbox was unchecked
- Added support for copying checkboxes to checkboxes
- Added support for targeting Quantity inputs on Single Product fields
- Fixed issue where targetting specific input of email field did not allow copying of value
- Added support for copying from specific inputs of multi-input fields to single input fields or specific inputs of other multi-input fields
- Added support for copying textareas
- Updated support for copying only the selected value from radio and checkbox fields
- Added support for copying values when the field value changes, allowing support for automatically copying a value from one field two another without a checkbox
- Fixed bug introduced in 1.0.6 where Country (if select type) was not copied
- Fixed issue where calcultions were not updated when copy cat enabled fields were updated
- Fixed issue which caused Copy Cat to break when applied to multiple forms displayed on the same page
- Added namespace to checkbox click event which triggers copy cat functionality (“click.gpcopycat”)
- Added form-specific instance of gwCopyObj to #gform_wrapper div for use in customizations
- Updated minimum required version of Gravity Perks: 1.0.6
- Added ‘gpcc_overwrite_existing_values’ filter to allow users to indicate whether existing values in fields being copied to should have their value overwritten if already have a value
- Updated minimum required version of Gravity Perks: 1.0.5
- Updated documentation to return GravityWiz.com URL