You can easily sell your events on your website using the Ticket & Invoice addon.
This addon allows you to manage your attendees’ check-in, send out tickets and invoices in email format.
The QR codes on the tickets enable you to check-in attendees using the QR code scanner device. Using this tool, you manage your payments on your own website. No need to refer your customers to any other third party websites.
How to Install Ticket & Invoice Addon?
For installation, head over to your WordPress Dashboard > Plugins > Add New and upload, install, and activate the addon.
Now your addon is activated but before we move on, use this link to make sure that your booking system is active.
Modern Events Calendar Invoice Options
Once you have made sure that your booking module is activated, head over to your WordPress Dashboard > M.E. Calendar > Settings > Invoice Options in order to configure your invoice:
1. Invoice Title: Enter the URL of your company
2. Company URL: Enter the URL of your company
3. Company Name: Enter the name of your company
4. Company Email: Enter the company’s email address
5. Company Phone: Enter the company’s phone number
6. Vat Number: Enter VAT number here (optional)
7. Description: Enter a short description of your company
8. Address: Enter your physical location
9. Logo: Upload your logo or link an image (you can select media)
Invoice Number Generation Settings
10. Invoice Number Start Point: set start point of your invoice here.
11. Invoice Number Length: you can see example blow this field.
12. Invoice Number Pattern: you can see example blow this field.
PDF Generation Settings
13. html2pdf API Key: PDF Rendering API Key: https://dash.html2pdf.app/registration (just register a key and get an API simply)
14. Selectpdf API Key: Enter your API Key to create the PDF file. Use the following link to purchase a new API key: SelectPdf Online HTML to PDF API.
15. Selectpdf Margins: Default margin is: 5 5 5 5 . Please don’t use “px” or “%” or “em” on box field.
22.1. Display Invoice Description in Print and PDF Mode: You can choose whether the description would appear in the downloadable PDF file or not (If “Display Invoice Description in Print and PDF Mode” is disabled it will be sent via email)
Live Attendees Settings
16. Use Pusher API For Live Actions
With the “Use Pusher API” option, you can see who registers events at the current time.
After using Pusher API, go to MEC > Report, find your event and the date you want to track to see who registers.
Check-in & Notification Settings
17. Disable Invoice Email Notifications: by enabling this option you can disable invoice email.
18. Enable Check-in Using QR Code only On Event Opening: Days:option explains itself.
19. Send Ticket & Invoice for each Attendees: You can make it so that if a user enters multiple emails (that is multiple tickets are purchased for different people) then they also receive an invoice separate from the total sales.
20. Custom Fields in Invoice:
22.2. Disable MEC Booking Notifications: By enabling this option, the pre-defined booking confirmation sent to the customer by MEC is disabled. Addon’s email is sent in both disable/enable states. Check this if you want emails to be sent out from this addon rather than MEC
21. Checkin Roles: You can assign which WordPress role can perform the check-ins
Invoice Rendering Settings
22. Invoice Type: Select invoice skin type (Ticket Skin & Modern Skin):
If you use ticket type then you can set the format of date & time for the ticket purchased by the end user
22.3. Date Format (Tickets): You can set an order for displaying dates in tickets. For more information please refer to All Date Format.
22.4. Time Format (Tickets): You can set an order for displaying times in tickets.
If you use modern type then you can add a description to it.
22.5. Show invoice time in modern style: Display invoice time (minutes and hours) in modern style.
22.6. Invoice Descriptions: Write the description text here – HTML is also available
23. Default Date Format: You can set an order for displaying the default date. For more information please refer to All Date Format.
24. Event Date Format: You can set an order for displaying the event date. For more information please refer to All Date Format.
25. Invoice Custom Styles: If you’ve got a CSS for the tickets then make sure to place them here and it will also be implemented in the PDF file and the email sent to the user – If you’d like to know more about CSS then make sure to take a look here: INSPECT ELEMENT
26. Import Invoices from Bookings: Import the old invoice to the new structure. This allows you to import/migrate any existing bookings to this addon so you can manage them right here; simply click on the button and the whole process will be taken care of automatically within a few seconds
Note: In case you weren’t able to download PDFs after you’ve set up this addon, you need to make sure of two things:
- The PDF’s API needs to be correct.
- The need to update permalinks from the WordPress Settings > Permalinks even if they are correct.
Note: If you’ve made CSS changes and they haven’t been applied then we urge you to check your CSS code’s structure and then check the cache.
We will continue the tutorial on how to work with this addon below and will probably have to refer to the features listed above with their corresponding number.
Make sure to follow the instructions below and save your changes made in the settings.
Once your invoice template is created and done, all you need to do is create an invoice. To do so go to your WordPress Dashboard > MEC Invoice > Invoices:
Here you can see all the bookings. This is similar to the Booking menu on MEC.
Explaining the options in the Invoices page of Modern Events Calendar:
- In order to manually add an invoice click on Add New
- Use Export Invoice option to export all your invoices
- You can also use bulk action and use filters during the selection
- To check the invoice click on View Invoice
- To manage the invoice click on the link
Checking-in can also be done via QR code scanning once the attendee shows you their QR code.
This can also be done using a QR Reader or third-party apps for Android and iOS.
Place the QR code in front of the camera, it will either check in the user or give you a warning if there is an issue.
Therefore, any chance of duplicates or fraud is eliminated since no one can simply create their own QR code and try to get in.
Once the attendee has checked in, it’ll show the invoice as green and there will also be this icon:
In order to manually add a new invoice, click on Add New and then select your event. Afterward, you’ll see the tickets for that event and you can use the form which has appeared to add a new invoice.
By clicking on Add Attendee, you’ll add a new user to your website but your invoice isn’t complete yet. You’ll need to publish the invoice in order to complete the process.
How to Offer Tickets for Events?
With them you can use the booking and ticket features provided by the addon.
After installing MEC Pro, you should go to MEC Settings > Booking and enable the Booking Module.
Reload the page to have the settings appear.
Then, go to MEC Settings > Booking > Payment Gateway and configure the payment gateway.
Now, by going to Add/Edit Event page, you will notice a new section that allows you to configure and setup bookings for your event.
To begin, simply create a ticket for your event. Go to the Ticket tab and click on Add Ticket to create one. Enter a name and price for that ticket and fill out the rest of the fields.
After installing and activating the Ticket and Invoice addon, go to MEC Settings > Invoice Options.
Here, you can configure the options for printable tickets or invoices. One of these options is Invoice Type, which you can choose from one of the templates we have available for you.
The initial setup is complete.
Now, after making a booking, users will receive the ticket or invoice to the event and can have it printed and on them on the event day.
How to Plan an Event Efficiently?
With this addon, you can get a general feedback from the attendees for the event, before starting to plan things.
Suppose you are planning an event but you are not sure how many people will attend or you are not sure which location best suits your event.
Here, you can create the event in MEC, then use the RSVP addon to display a form to the users and ask them to submit an RSVP response.
Finally, you can plan your event and workout its details using the information you have received.
Is It Possible to Sell Tickets via PayPal or Stripe?
Absolutely. We have configured popular payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe in MEC Pro by default.
You can go to MEC Settings > Booking > Payment Gateway and connect your PayPal or Stripe account there.
Watch this video for more information.
Is It Possible to Customize the Tickets?
Yes. you can use your business information in the tickets or invoices that are sent to the attendees.
To do this, go to MEC Settings > Invoice options and fill out the Company Information fields.
Also, in the Custom CSS section, you can change the style of the different parts of the ticket.
How to Export a List of Attendees?
To do this, simply go to MEC > Bookings and filter the bookings based on event.
Then, you can select all of the bookings and export them from the Bulk Edit menu.
There is another filter besides the event name. For instance, you can filter one specific occurrence of a repeating event and export its attendees.
The exported file can be in CSV and MS Excel.
How Does the Check-In Process Work?
If you have Ticket and Invoice addon installed and active, after users make a booking, they will receive a ticket or invoice that contains a QR code.
This QR code is used to check-in attendees at the event and, as the host, you can scan the code to check the attendees in and have an idea of who’s attended and who hasn’t.
You can do this with our app or with your smartphone. If you are using your smartphone, you must be logged in to your website in its browser app.
Otherwise you won’t have the proper access to check-in people.
We have recently designed an app for this, to make the process easier.
With this app, you don’t need to login via your phone’s browser, because it works with an API key.
This way, you can link your website and the app and scan the codes effortlessly.
After scanning the QR code, you will see a message regarding whether the check-in was successful and it will also update the status in the backend of the website to Checked in.
If the attendee was already checked in, you will see a message saying Already Checked In. The messages are intended to improve user experience.