Now, Meta Box is not only a library with powerful API for custom fields, but also a framework that helps you control your data the way you want.
How MB Blocks Can Help Creating Gutenberg Blocks?
What Are The Benefits Of Creating Gutenberg Blocks With PHP?
- You only need to spend very little time to know how to create custom Gutenberg blocks in PHP. If you’re already a Meta Box users, then you just need to learn a few settings. Everything won’t take longer than 10 minutes!
Along with that, you can also:
- Inherit many settings and field types from Meta Box (more than 40 field types), which saves you a ton of time creating new blocks.
That says, you only need to focus on your block logic and presentation and leave all the heavy work of setting up the fields to the plugin.
Live Preview Blocks In Real-Time
Besides, if your block requires some dynamic script (just like you want to instantiate a slider), you have full ability to do that.
Creating Gutenberg Blocks Visually
If you’re not familiar with coding, you still can get benefit from MB Blocks with the help of Meta Box Builder. The builder extension allows you to build Gutenberg blocks without touching a line of code. All you need is just select the settings for the blocks and done!
See the screenshot below:
- Use similar syntax as creating a meta box, so you don’t have to learn too much if you’re already familiar with Meta Box.
- Supports all field types and features from Meta Box.
- Supports block alignment in Gutenberg
- Supports custom CSS class
- Supports custom anchor